Dayton Power & Light has been proudly serving West Central Ohio since 1911. We've grown over the years just as the region has grown. As the local electric company, we share a common goal with the communities we serve - the promotion of a strong economy with quality jobs. Working together, we all create a shared success.
Economic Development Investments
In partnership with our communities and local and regional economic development organizations, DP&L will invest in programs and opportunities to promote economic development. Goals for these investments include:
- Market West Central Ohio to attract new investment in the region
- Retain existing businesses by enabling them to remain competitive in this location
- Create jobs and a job-ready workforce
Making an Impact
Take a look at the projects DP&L has supported through economic development grants to attract, expand and retain businesses and jobs in West Central Ohio.
Click a marker on the map above to learn more about the project.
The Dayton Development Coalition (DDC) is the region's economic development arm, comprised of a partnership among 14 counties surrounding the city of Dayton, Ohio. It's mission is to retain, expand, and recruit jobs in the Dayton region.
DP&L works very closely with the DDC and other local, regional, and national economic development organizations including:
- Columbus 2020
- I-70/I-75 Development Association
- Logan County Improvement Corporation
- Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Ohio Economic Development Association
- Preble County Development Partnership
- Troy Development Council
- Union County Economic Development Partnership
- Utility Economic Development Association
- West Ohio Development Council
Economic Development Grants
DP&L’s infrastructure grants help businesses offset the capital costs of upgrading utility infrastructure to meet growing business demands.Read More
Regional Economic Development Grants
Regional Economic Development Grants support economic development efforts in West Central Ohio.Read More
DP&L's site certification helps communities identify and develop project-ready sites to attract new business development.Read More