Only DP&L Business and Government Customers are eligible for New Construction Rebates. Any eligible customer may complete an application.
There are two unique new construction rebates, one for lighting and another that covers your entire building. Customers can take advantage of either method of saving, but not both.
Lighting Power Density (LPD) Reduction for Interior Lighting
The LPD reduction incentive encourages you to install lighting designs and equipment that provide quality lighting that uses less energy.
Whole Building Energy Performance Baseline Improvements
The whole building baseline improvement incentive rewards you for designing your buildings to be more efficient than a baseline building constructed to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010.
Application Instructions & Process
Before you get started, you will need the following information:
- Your DP&L account number, if available
- Your Federal Tax ID and contact information
- Project team contact information (architect, engineer, contractor, etc.)
- The manufacturer and model numbers of the efficient lighting measures you are planning to incorporate in your new facility and the anticipated occupancy date (Only required for Lighting Power Density Reduction rebates).
The eligibility requirements should be reviewed before completing the application. The DP&L customer will receive the rebate. The process for the rebate application is described below:
- You or your vendor complete the Rebate Application and submit it to DP&L for review. Applications must be complete and include the necessary contact information, supporting documentation for energy savings, equipment specifications and equipment cost estimates.
- DP&L reviews the application, verifies the information provided, and sends a confirmation notification that the application has been approved.
- You or your vendor provide us with proof of permit to construct within 90 days of the approval letter. Proof of building permit may be faxed, emailed or mailed.
- The building is ready to occupy within 24 months of application approval, and DP&L must be notified of the occupancy permit. If occupancy does not occur within 24 months, you may request an extension. Extension requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- DP&L reserves the right to inspect the new building prior to releasing any funds.
- For more information, view the program terms and conditions or contact us at EnergyEfficiency@dplinc.com.
- Rebate values are subject to change and apply only to new, unused equipment. Rebate measures and values for the 2019 programs are for equipment and services purchased and installed on or after January 1, 2019.
- Rebates are issued directly to the customer. Each project will only be eligible to receive a single DP&L rebate.
- Funds are allotted on a calendar-year basis and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A rebate may not exceed the customer's cost of equipment net outside funding received, not including taxes, warranty fees, installation costs, or maintenance fees. DP&L shall make the final determination regarding rebate amounts. An individual account number will be limited to $250,000 in DP&L business rebates in any calendar year.
- DP&L reserves the right to deny any rebate.
- All DP&L energy programs are subject to Public Utilities Commission of Ohio rules and regulations.
Page last updated: January 1, 2019.